Friday, May 14, 2010

Homemade salsa, the easy way

Today my husband discovered the salsa (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman) that I made earlier in the week and sent me the following series of texts:

 You think he liked it?

The recipe was easy, but it would have been easier if I had a large food processor (I have a little 4-cupper) or a decent blender. SIGH. I had to do the salsa in batches in the blender. I also added a lot more cilantro (I used an entire bunch), used lemon juice instead of lime because that's what I had, and used one fiery hot chili pepper from our garden (no seeds, and still! SO HAWT!!).

It's good stuff. John'll tell you. :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

OH MANDA!! I KNOW! Isn't it fabulous? I just had some with my lunch, actually. I've found that it freezes quite well, too, in case you don't make it through the entire batch in a reasonable amount of time.

Dianna said...

I made this last week too! I think next time I'll add an extra jalapeno though, I like the spice!