Thursday, March 8, 2007

Taco Soup

I got this recipe from Angela Sesin, who is one of our former YoungLife committe members here in McAllen and is also a straight-up, down-home, Texas gal at heart. She had two Crock Pots full of this delicious soup waiting for us one night when we had a staff night at her home. It was so good I had to ask her for the recipe...she just told it to me that night and I ran out to the car to write it down. So simple and so good! My husband's brother-in-law Jonathan just loves this one.

Taco Soup

(serves 6-8)

1 pound ground beef -- sautee in your soup pot (if it's not lean, rinse and drain all the fat),
then add the following (DON'T DRAIN ANY CANS!):
1 can corn
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans whole pinto beans
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of ranch dressing mix (dry)

Stir and simmer on med-high heat for 20 mins or so, until it's hot throughout. As it cooks more liquid will come out of the veggies and beans, but if you want a "soupier" soup you can add a half a can of water.

Serve topped with thick corn chips (Frito Scoops or Tostitos Gold) and top with Mexican blend shredded cheese and sour cream if you want. YUM!

1 comment:

christina.rigsby said...

I still come here and use this my friend.