Saturday, March 10, 2007

Turkey Meatballs (From The Food Network's Giada Delaurentiis)

I watched this gal whip these up on her cooking show years ago and tried it out from memory. My early versions were ok, but when I finally found the recipe I blew John away! Apparently, Italians normally use dark turkey for their meatballs in some measure. It definitely makes the meatballs more light and tender... I love the recipe! Here's Giada's site if you want to check her out. http://www.giadadelaurentiis.com/


Turkey Meatballs & Pasta

1 lb. ground turkey (dark meat)
1/2 C. plain bread crumbs
1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
~ 1 t. garlic salt (less)
1 egg
1 tsp dried parsley

Mix all ingredients together in bowl with hands. Form into 2-inch balls. Sautee in HOT light olive oil, browning the meat on all sides. Add 2 jars of spaghetti sauce (any kind) and simmer while you cook pasta (penne or spaghetti). Remove meatballs from sauce and set aside (keep warm). Add drained pasta to sauce and combine. Serve pasta with meatballs on the side. Makes a lot!

2 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

woah, recipes on crack!

June in Texas said...

Sounds yummy!
Thank you for stopping over at my blog site. You, Lily, Isabella, and I have to get together for a cooking party soon!